They were set up as part of the School’s commitment to improving the availability of childcare for working parents.
The aims are:
• To provide a safe and caring environment for children.
• To ensure that their physical and social needs are met.
• To provide different activities than those that occur within the School day.
• To provide equal opportunities for children regardless of race, culture, gender, family grouping, language, or disability.
• To promote a good working relationship between parents, children and staff.
Before School Care
The Before School Care is designed for children In Nursery and Pre-Prep (3-7 year olds) and it is supervised by three staff and the Manager. It is open from 8.00am until the start of School daily. A light breakfast of cereal, toast, juice and biscuits is available until 8.30am.
Adjoining rooms are used for the session and activities include drawing, construction, jigsaws and small world. Books and TV are available for a short time at the end of each session. The charge is £3.20
After School Care
After School Care is available for all pupils in the School. The Manager is assisted by nine staff and an Assistant Manager. The majority of the staff hold level 2 or 3 childcare qualifications and are first aid trained. A light tea of sandwiches, fruit and juice is provided in all clubs and varied regularly.
Activities offered include creative projects for wall displays, gardening (in summer), outside play activities (hoola-hoop, parachute, ballgames) computers and role play (EYFS)
There is also a 40-minute homework session (quiet and supervised) available for Middle School children.
Nursery/Reception pupils (ages 3-5): 3pm – 6pm, £10.00
Years 1 & 2 (ages 5 -7): 3.30pm – 6pm, £10.00
Middle /Senior School (ages 7-13): 3.45pm – 6pm, £9.50